PARENT / SPECTATOR
- Condemn all violent acts, no matter who the person is.
- Respect the official’s decisions. Don’t complain or argue about decisions.
- Unsportsmanlike language, harassment or aggressive behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Encourage athletes to play by the rules and to respect opposing athletes and officials.
- Never ridicule or scorn an athlete for making a mistake, respect their efforts.
- Understand that sport is part of life experience, and the benefits of involvement go far beyond the final placing.
- Participate in positive cheering that encourages the athletes in the Centre you are supporting.
- Remember that children participate in Little Athletics for their own enjoyment, not yours!
- Never arrive at a Little Athletics competition under the influence of alcohol or bring alcohol to a competition or training
- Be a good sport. Respect all good performances whether from your Club or the opponents.
- Participate for your own enjoyment and benefit.
- Always respect the official’s decision.
- Never become involved in acts of foul play.
- Honour the spirit and intention of the competition rules.
- Never engage in disrespectful conduct of any sort.
- Care for and respect the facilities and equipment made available to you during training and competition.
- Safeguard your health. Don’t use any illegal or unhealthy substances.
- Recognise that officials and coaches are volunteers who give up their time to provide their services. Treat them with the utmost respect.